Vegan Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Updated: Nov 21, 2018
It’s that time of year again! The time when people go CRAZY for anything and everything pumpkin. So in the spirit of the season, here is my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Donuts.
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour 2 tsp baking powder 1/3 tsp salt 1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk 1 pumpkin spice or some sort of similar flavor teabag 1 tsp apple cider vinegar 1/4 cup coconut oil 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice extract
3 Medjool dates, pits removed 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or if not vegan honey
1/3 cup dairy free white chocolate chips 1/2 tsp coconut oil 2 tsp coconut sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and lightly salted
1) Preheat oven to 350 and grease donut pan with coconut oil. In medium mixing bowl combine flour, spices, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
2) In small saucepan, over medium heat, add soy milk, tea bag, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil & extracts. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove tea bag and remove from heat.
3) Add dates, pumpkin puree, maple syrup or honey, and soy milk mixture to food processor or good quality blender. Blend on high until dates are completely blended in.
4) Add blended mixture to dry ingredients and fold in until well blended.
5) Spoon mixture into donut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
6) For the topping, in a small saucepan, melt dairy free white chocolate and coconut oil over medium-low heat.
7) Once melted use a spoon to drizzle dairy free white chocolate over the cooled donuts. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture and roasted pumpkin seeds over the chocolate drizzle.