Ghee Infused Pumpkin Spiced Carrot Muffins
Updated: Sep 8, 2020
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/3 cup ghee (or coconut oil for vegan)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extra
2 organic eggs (vegan option: flax eggs, 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water)
3/4 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup organic all-purpose flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut, flakes (optional)
1/4 cup Medjool dates, chopped (optional)
Ginger Spice cream cheese drizzle
1/2 cup cream cheese (or vegan variety option)
1/3 cup ghee (or 1/4 cup coconut oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ginger powder or 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1/3 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine bananas, pumpkin, carrots, ghee (or coconut oil), maple syrup, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Beat until well blended.
3. Add flours, oatmeal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and clove. Stir until well blended.
4. Add nuts, coconut flakes and dates as desired.
5. Spoon muffin mixture in muffin tins, filling just under the brim. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until tops are lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean from center.
6. As muffins cool, prepare frosting by beating room temperature cream cheese, ghee (or coconut oil), vanilla, ginger powder, and honey with electric mixture, until smooth. Spoon onto cooled muffins and top with additional nuts and coconut flakes or additional maple syrup drizzle.