Curried Roots n Pineapple Noodles with Maple Glazed Tofu
2 tbsp oil of choice (ghee, avocado, coconut)
2 tbsp curry paste of choice (red curry, yellow curry, massaman) - look for pure paste without preservatives
2 tbsp filtered water
2 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce or tamari works too)
Optional: 2-4 inches fresh ginger, grated finely
2 cups roots of choice, chopped in small even pieces (potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, beets)
1 cup pineapple, chopped into small chunks
1 pack rice noodles, pre soaked in warm water for 10 minutes & strained
1 cup leafy greens of choice (spinach, chard, arugula, kale)
Optional additional 1-2 tbsp water / coconut aminos as needed
Maple Glazed Tofu Topping
1 pack firm or extra firm tofu, chopped in cubes
1 1/2 tbsp oil of choice
1 tbsp chili flakes OR 5 spice powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
Nuts of choice (roasted peanut, cashew, Mac nuts), chopped
Fresh Basil, Mint & Cilantro
1. Heat oil of choice, with spices of choice & salt over medium heat. Add cubes of tofu & allow to slowly cook, stirring every 5 or so minutes for 20 minutes or until tofu begins to lightly brown.
2. Add maple syrup & stir, allowing mixture to cook another 5-10 minutes continuing to mix every few minutes, until desired level of crisp is obtained. Set aside.
3. In large wok or saucepan, combine oil of choice, curry paste, fresh ginger, coconut aminos & water and stir until smooth.
4. Add chopped roots and pineapple and stir until coated. Cover pan and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, until veggies are almost cooked.
5. Add pre soaked noodles and chopped green onions and stir until well mixed. Add 1-2 tbsp additional water + coconut aminos if needed.
6. Cover & allow to cook another 5 minutes.
7. Top with optional fresh basil, mint or cilantro, tofu & nuts.